Strange file names

Renaud (Ron) Olgiati renaud at
Thu Dec 14 17:07:12 GMT 2006

On Wednesday 13 December 2006 13:00, my mailbox was graced by a missive
 from "Matias D'Ambrosio" <angasule at> who wrote:

>  I used convmv for this same issue, and it worked great. Keep in mind
> that convmv's default is to *not* do anything, it just reads the
> current filenames and tells you what it *would* do, until you
> specifically give it the switch to do the conversion. So it's rather
> safe to try it a few times and see what the output would be.

Got convmv, but have the problem that it need to know the original encoding

Would this be kept somewhere in my /etc/ directory ? (I keep a copy of /etc
in /home/etc, can be a great help after upgrading or reinstalling the OS)
                        One should always be in love.
                  That is the reason one should never marry.
                                              -- Oscar Wilde
                   -- --