Rescanning new hardware

D. Michael McIntyre michael.mcintyre at rosegardenmusic.com
Thu Dec 14 02:30:48 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 13 December 2006 7:47 pm, Renaud (Ron) Olgiati wrote:
> Following a storm (6" of rain in half an hour) I have just changed my
> motherboard.
>
> Now, how do I get Kubuntu to rescan the hardware and configure module to
> suit ?

Debian's and the kernel's boot time hardware detection stuff has taken my hard
drive through four generations of computers without any hassle, other than
X11.  I expect everything should just work, and if you didn't change video
cards, or video chipsets, then X should work too.

To reconfigure X, I think you should be fine with

	dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg

though I haven't had to do this on Kubuntu yet.

--
D. Michael McIntyre