KOffice and OpenOffice

Michael W. Holdeman lists at ptfd.org
Wed Dec 13 18:11:23 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 12 December 2006 16:27, Art Alexion wrote:
> On Tuesday 12 December 2006 14:29, Michael W. Holdeman wrote:
> > The most of my work is done in OOo, 2.0.4 and have and do play around
> > with 2.1 development sometimes. I have found no stability issues
>
> So the Kubuntu default 2.0.4 co-exists with 2.1 (released today)?
>
> Did you install it in /opt or /usr/local?
I doubt they would co-exist when the .deb's are released and in teh repo's it
will probably be an upgrade. I didn't see the release, I just got them from
openoffice.org and installed them, primarily to provide some dual screen
support for presentations at church (song lyrics on teh big screen)

I installed into /usr/local, but if it now released I will probably remove
when it is in repos, and then install from there the released version.

Mike