Kmail links opening in Kate

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 07:55:36 UTC 2006

Ever since upgrading to Kubuntu 6.10, every time I hit the Print
Screen button Ksnapshot comes up and annoys me. My "real keyboard"
borke and I'm typing on a POS keyboard that always has me hitting
Print Screen when I want delete. How do I prevent Ksnapshot from
popping up?

I've looked at the keyboard shortcuts in Kcontrol, and it's not listed
there. I don't see where ksnapshot has any of it's own options. I
removed the Print Screen key from the keyboard, but on the rare
occasion that I actually need it (for a screenshot via
CTRL-PrintScreen) I cannot remove it. So I tryed removing Ksnapshot,
but apt wants to remove other stuff, like Tidy, KDEpim, KcolourEdit,
etc when I do:

dotancohen at ubuntu:~$ sudo apt-get remove ksnapshot
Password:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
  knetwalk kpat kde-amusements kdepim ksokoban kolf blinken
  libconvert-binhex-perl krec korn kppp libattr1-dev kshisen kmoon kmahjongg
  klaptopdaemon ksig kdelibs4-dev ksim kwifimanager kcharselect kjumpingcube
  kdeartwork-style knewsticker-scripts kdeartwork-misc kcoloredit artsbuilder
  kdessh kanagram ktip libaspell-dev libpth20 libtunepimp-bin kmrml katomic
  libcvsservice0 kleopatra kdemultimedia-dev kdegames-card-data kruler ktux
  klettres libnss3 libaudio-dev kgoldrunner kbackgammon kpoker dirmngr
  kdepim-kfile-plugins libkiten1 ksnapshot kpackage kenolaba kblackbox kdebase
  comerr-dev atlantikdesigner konsolekalendar libpcre3-dev klatin kfloppy
  kstars ttf-dustin ksame kbruch kpager liblualib50-dev libkdegames1 kde-core
  kcalc libpisock9 keduca libxmu-headers kandy libfinance-quote-perl
  kdeedu-data kdemultimedia-kappfinder-data mesa-common-dev
  kdeartwork-theme-icon kweather kmplot kalzium ksirc librss1 klinkstatus
  klickety libkrb5-dev qt3-dev-tools kpovmodeler libsasl2-dev ksayit
  libogg-dev libjasper-1.701-dev kmouth kalarm noatun-plugins kubuntu-desktop
  kworldclock mpeglib kalzium-data kdewebdev kdegames kicker-applets amor
  kdict libpcrecpp0 ktouch ktnef khexedit kdeaccessibility kedit
  foomatic-db-hpijs kbounce kvoctrain kdetoys kimagemapeditor atlantik
  liblua50-dev tidy libtidy-0.99-0 kwordquiz lua50 libavahi-qt3-dev kview
  libdb4.3++c2 ktron ttf-sjfonts libacl1-dev libglu1-mesa-dev ksync cvs
  kdenetwork libtiff-tools kttsd libqt3-mt-dev kdeartwork-emoticons dcoprss
  ksysv hspell kwin4 kdewallpapers libio-stringy-perl kuser libxslt1-dev
  libhtml-tableextract-perl klettres-data libssl-dev kdeaddons kreversi
  libxt-dev kde kdf libksba8 libxmu-dev kspaceduel kig gnupg-agent juk noatun
  klines fifteenapplet kdemultimedia kfaxview kstars-data edict lskat
  bogofilter libarts1-mpeglib kaddressbook-plugins kgamma kviewshell
  kfilereplace libtiff4-dev kommander networkstatus libnspr4 kdeutils
  kdegraphics kaboodle khangman libindex0 libmime-perl libqt3-headers kanjidic
  libasound2-dev kdeartwork-theme-window libtiffxx0c2 libgl1-mesa-dev
  ksmiletris libkadm55 libarts1-audiofile kxsldbg quanta kbattleship kiconedit
  kdeadmin kpilot kasteroids kfouleggs libmyspell3c2 libmal1 libkdeedu3
  libkgantt0 knewsticker ksnake kdelibs kiten libxml2-utils kappfinder
  eyesapplet libartsc0-dev libopenexr-dev kdat kdeedu kdelirc kpercentage
  superkaramba kjots libmng-dev kfax secpolicy ksirtet kmines kdvi kget
  pinentry-qt kdesdk-scripts libcupsys2-dev kgpg libvorbis-dev konquest
  kate-plugins libboost-python1.33.1 kolourpaint gpgsm gnupg2
  kdeaddons-kfile-plugins gettext-kde libarts1-xine libidn11-dev
  kdepim-wizards libbz2-dev ktuberling kturtle ktimer quanta-data kmid
  kteatime kverbos libarts1-dev libnews-nntpclient-perl kdeartwork kodo
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  kde kdegraphics ksnapshot kubuntu-desktop
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 4 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B of archives.
After unpacking 590kB disk space will be freed.

So, how do I tell KDE not to pop Ksnapshot in my face? Thanks in advance.

Dotan Cohen

http://technology-sleuth.com/question/how_can_i_be_safe_online.html
http://what-is-what.com/what_is/spyware.html