KDE Question -- Is this specific to Kubuntu?

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Mon Dec 11 18:15:44 UTC 2006

Dotan Cohen wrote:

> On 08/12/06, Derek Broughton <news at pointerstop.ca> wrote:
>>
>> Argh!!! Very funny :-)  The problem is that I keep holding the key down
>> too
>> long.  A nice Windows (<spit!>) feature is that when that happens, it
>> suspects you may have keyboard difficulties and pops up a message asking
>> if
>> you want the Accessibility options turned on.  If you tell it not to
>> bother you again, it won't, otherwise iirc it asks how long it should
>> wait before
>> doing this sort of thing.  Even MS gets things right sometimes.
>
> The behaviour that you are referring to is for activating Sticky Keys,
> a feature that KDE has as well (I use it). The
> CTRL-Get-Numbers-for-Links feature MS's IE does not have.

I realize that, but they certainly seemed related (though, it's not "numbers
for links" - it's whatever the shortcut key is defined as; perhaps if no
shortcuts are defined, it uses the tab-order).  Now that I look at it more
closely, I see that it's not a function of how long I depress the key, as
it occurs on release, so can't be the sticky keys.  Now I find myself in
the situation where HTML in mail does this, but it never happens in
Konqueror itself...
--
derek