Firefox and Mplayer plugin on 6.10

Charles Weber claydoh at claydoh.com
Mon Dec 11 15:36:45 GMT 2006

On Monday 11 December 2006 9:12 am, Sam Przyswa wrote:
> Charles Weber a écrit :

> >> With that search string? Nope.
> >> I'm sure another search would yield something, but it is not up to me to
> >> try. I don't have the issue. Give it a shot.
> >
> > Forget automatix, if you have to edit your sources.list, might as well
> > enable the extra repositories and use a package manager and also avoid
> > having to do the gpg thing altogether for most things
> >
> > https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Repositories/Kubuntu
> > Then you can get the packages you need for mozilla-mplayer
> > https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RestrictedFormats
> > for the codecs, etc you will need
>
> Thanks a lot for these links, but it seems that mplayer and
> mozilla-mplayer are not supported yet on Firefox 2.0 in 6.10. It's
> strange because an upgrade to 6.10 on machine with mplayer and
> mozilla-mplayer installed is working !?
>
> Can you explain that ?
>
> Thanks again.
>
> Sam.

It woked for me on a fresh install, but I had to adjust settings for it (in a
video, right-click, select "Configure") and adjust the Audio/video selections
until you find the combination that works. You need to close and reopen the
video window for any changes to take effect

For me, X11 and OSS fork for me using CCC's news videos

--
Clay Weber
http://kubuntuforums.net