udev/kernel issue

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Sun Dec 10 12:04:47 UTC 2006

jack wallen <jlwallen at monkeypantz.net> writes:

> I've been trying to get my Treo 680 to sync with Dapper. After much
> looking around I believe it has come down to a kernel issue with udev.
> I'm not really sure what to do at this point other than wait for the
> kernel bug to be fixed. the only other choice I might have is to move
> the kernel back to an earlier version. But I've only recently started
> working with Ubuntu (worked with Red Hat/Fedora for 10 years). So i'm
> not really sure where to begin.
>
> I can't honestly imagine this issue being resolved any time soon with
> the kernel dev team. But would any on this list have any idea how to
> resolve the issue? Am I way off base here?

The path to getting it fixed is simple: file a bug report in Launchpad,
against udev or the kernel, with as much technical detail and analysis
as possible.

Ideally you can actually identify the buy and supply a an exact cause,
but anything is better than nothing.

Then work with the bug manager to push it upstream, if necessary.

Regards,
        Daniel
--
Digital Infrastructure Solutions -- making IT simple, stable and secure
Phone: 0401 155 707        email: contact at digital-infrastructure.com.au
                 http://digital-infrastructure.com.au/