knetworkmanager : only for wireless ?

Bruno Costacurta pubmb01 at skynet.be
Sun Dec 10 11:30:19 UTC 2006

On Sunday 10 December 2006 12:11, Luka Renko wrote:

> > I'm not getting any information at all about (even when active) wired
> > network, all given informations / menus are linked to wireless.
> >
> > The eth0 interface (wired network) do not use DHCP (I only use static
> > address at home).
>
> Network-manager 0.6.x can only manage DHCP interfaces. If you have static
> IP configured on the interface, network-manager will not show it.
> Next version (0.7) is supposed to have also support for static IP and I
> hope it will be included in Feisty (it is planned for Feb-Mar 2007).
>
> Regard,
> Luka

Luka, thanks for clarification.
Meantime is there any tools (within KDE ?) to manage all network interfaces ?

I'm struggling to find someting complete and useful under (k)ubuntu.
My other Linux experience is Fedora where tools under KDE (even
based on Gnome) are available. I have the feeling that ubuntu lacks this.

Thanks to all.
Bye,
Bruno