udev/kernel issue

jack wallen jlwallen at monkeypantz.net
Sun Dec 10 04:17:34 UTC 2006

I've been trying to get my Treo 680 to sync with Dapper. After much
looking around I believe it has come down to a kernel issue with udev.
I'm not really sure what to do at this point other than wait for the
kernel bug to be fixed. the only other choice I might have is to move
the kernel back to an earlier version. But I've only recently started
working with Ubuntu (worked with Red Hat/Fedora for 10 years). So i'm
not really sure where to begin.

I can't honestly imagine this issue being resolved any time soon with
the kernel dev team. But would any on this list have any idea how to
resolve the issue? Am I way off base here?

Thanks so much.

--
jack wallen, jr                 /"\    ASCII Ribbon Campaign
spreading the word of           \ /    Respect for open standards