Root login

Renaud (Ron) Olgiati renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org
Thu Dec 7 19:02:01 UTC 2006

On Thursday 07 December 2006 14:18, my mailbox was graced by a missive
 from Vayu <vayu at sklinks.com> who wrote:

> I'm in agreement here.  I can't imagine being that dis-satisfied with
> something and constantly complaining about what I can't change to people
> that don't have the same complaint nor an ability to change it either.

You may not have noticed, but since this thread began I have learned how to
activate the root account, how to enable root graphical login, and most of my
problems with Kubuntu are slowly getting solved.

> I was also hesitant to suggest finding another distro as well because
> I'm not usually fond of the love it or leave it mentality, but at some
> point one has to either surrender or go get what you need.

It is because I do like it that I keep tryi,h to tailor it to my taste and
needs; otherwise I would already have gone somewhere else.

> Besides all that, this distro is a gift.  If someone gives me a shirt
> I don't like and it can't be returned or easily altered, I say (and feel)
> thank you, and then don't wear it.

Different turn of mind, I try to retailor it to my taste, so I can wear it.

Cheers,

Ron.
--
       If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs,
               then you clearly don't understand the situation.