Root login

Art Alexion art.alexion at verizon.net
Thu Dec 7 18:07:46 GMT 2006

On Thursday 07 December 2006 11:47, Scott Mazur wrote:
> On Thu, 07 Dec 2006 08:27:47 -0800, Vayu wrote
>
> > You can enable a root user, you can also use sudo as root, you can
> > usesudo as a user, where is the lack of choice?
>
> Enabling the root user requires giving it a password.  Which immediately
> breaks the user sudo.  Users continue to get popup password prompts, even
> though their user password no longer works with sudo.

This is just incorrect.  I enabled the root user back when I used Warty, and I
can still enter my user password when I want to use sudo -- which is most of
the time.  Some programs just don't work with sudo: some firewalls and mondo
come to mind as examples.

Art Alexion

Keyserver: hkp://subkeys.pgp.net
alarm.  Info @