us.archive.ubuntu.com down

Lord Sauron lordsauronthegreat at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 21:21:33 GMT 2006

Found the old soultion.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Tez <binary_y2k2 at blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Dec 3, 2006 6:56 PM
Subject: Re: What happened to us.archive.ubuntu.com
To: Kubuntu Help and User Discussions <kubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>

Rodney D. Myers wrote:
> I've been attempting all day to get to this repository, but it keeps
> timing out.
>
> Is it alive or D.O.A., and need to be changed to something else?
>
> Thanks

us.archive.ubuntu.com is actually hosted at  so that may be down.
What I do is add a few different sources to my sources.list, I'm in the
UK so I have, in order:
fr.archive.ubuntu.com (because I get a good ping from them), then
www.mirrorservice.org (a UK mirror), then
gb.archive.ubuntu.com (which is actually the same as archive.ubuntu.com)

I have the main ubuntu archive last to save on the ubuntu bandwidth, so
apt will try the fr archive forst, then mirrorservice, and only if that
fails it will go to the default ubuntu archive.
I suggest you add some other sources to your sources.list to resolve the
problem until mirror.mcs.anl.gov comes back online

Tez

Modify settings or unsubscribe at:

==  ==  7 | |\| µ Ж    6 µ |2 µ  ==  ==

--