NFS support ?

Renaud (Ron) Olgiati renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org
Tue Dec 5 23:19:03 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 05 December 2006 19:26, my mailbox was graced by a missive
 from Garry Knight <garryknight at gmx.net> who wrote:

> You need the nfs-kernel-server and nfs-common packages. You can install
> them with apt-get, dpkg, adept or synaptic. The quickest way is to do this
> in a terminal:
>
> sudo apt-get install nfs-kernel-server
> sudo apt-get install nfs-common

Many thanks,

In between time I tried, and copied into /etc/fstab the relevant section of
the fstab file of my former Mandrake 10.1 install, did a sudo mount -a, and
lo and behold my nfs partitions are mounted.

But quite frankly, I dont understand how it solved this problem  ;-3(

Interestingly enough the creation of the mounts did not work in Webmin either,
but now that I have butchered fstab webmin recognizes them too.

Cheers,

Ron.
--
               You need only two tools, a hammer and duct tape.
              If it doesn't move and it should, use the hammer.