kde apps missing?

Scott Mazur kubuntulists at littlefish.ca
Wed Dec 6 02:09:00 UTC 2006

Just looking through the /usr/share/applications/kde directory.  There seems
to be a number of applications in here that are missing from my KDE menus.

For instance kdmtheme.desktop (which should have shown up in the KDE control
center next to kdm.desktop) and kfind.desktop (which should show up in
Konqueror as a tool menu item).

What happened to these applications??  What happened to my KDE menus?  It's
like the KDE I use has broken away from the KDE applications that are installed.

Is there menu cleanup utility or something I can run to restore my KDE menus?
 I know it's not right to have a 'lost and found' menu item, so just what the
heck went wrong?

Scott

--
Registered Linux user #395249, http://counter.li.org
Nothing goes to waste when Little Fish are near!