Kubuntu, first impressions.

Scott Mazur kubuntulists at littlefish.ca
Tue Dec 5 23:26:22 UTC 2006

On Mon, 4 Dec 2006 13:12:39 -0500 (EST), Jonathan Jesse wrote

> > Many of the Kubuntu how-tos show screen captures and contain instructions
> > that
> > are very specifically Gnome usage.  It took me some time to figure out
> > there's
> > no system->administration menu in kde, and it wasn't just a borked
> > install.
> >
> <snip>
> I work on the documentation team so my interst is always sparked
> when I hear comments like.  Are the how-tos and screen captures part
> of the wiki/system documentation or are they found elsewhere on the
> net?  If they are in the system documentation for Kubuntu showing
> Gnome usuage please let me know what docs/sections this is so we can
> get this fixed for Feisty.

OK, I think this is part of the problem (for example):

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KubuntuAdditionalRepositories

The Ubuntu wiki is smack full of Kubuntu information.  Google can't help but
confuse the two on searches.  In fact if you search the Ubuntu wiki for the
word 'Kubuntu' it would be easy to assume there's no Kubuntu wiki at all.

Hmmm... On further inspection of all the Kubuntu information available on the
Ubuntu wiki, I'm kind of wondering just where the Kubuntu wiki is heading in
the first place?

Scott

--
Registered Linux user #395249, http://counter.li.org
Nothing goes to waste when Little Fish are near!