Kubuntu, first impressions.

Scott Mazur kubuntulists at littlefish.ca
Mon Dec 4 20:16:53 UTC 2006

On Mon, 4 Dec 2006 12:40:30 -0700, Grumpy_Penguin wrote
> If I can put n my 2cents USB device detction is not all that great
> I'm still trying to get my USB printer to work

I had the same problem?  Cups found the printer and set it up fine but
anything sent to the printer just sat in the queue.  Spent far too much time
googling cups errors.  In the end all I did was remove the printer from cups
then add it new and it works fine now.  I think it might have been a cups
upgrade that did it.

For reasons I haven't found an answer for yet, some users can plug in usb
drives just fine, others get a 'malformed url' message.

Scott

--
Registered Linux user #395249, http://counter.li.org
Nothing goes to waste when Little Fish are near!