new computer

Tez binary_y2k2 at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Dec 4 01:38:55 UTC 2006

Jeff Yowell wrote:
> Somebody I want to be a "they" or one of the ones with the "general
> feeling."  I think I'll be rich and powerful then.
>
> I have Ubuntu running on a PowerBook G4 and everything works.
>
> The whole idea behind Linux is that it is platform independent.
>

> *
> *
> ----------------------------------
> *Jeff Yowell*
> **
> jeff_yowell at cox.net <mailto:jeff_yowell at cox.net>

Yes, Linux is platform independent, it'll run on pretty much anything. I
was just saying what I've heard and asking if it was true. I don't have
a Mac so I don't know.
But it is true that packages like w32codecs (and maybe flash, I don't
know) don't work on the Mac hardware, but, as I say, I don't have a Mac,
so I don't know.

Tez