proxy settings

Alain Muls alain.muls at telenet.be
Sat Dec 2 08:58:02 UTC 2006

Hi

I use py Dell at work and at home. At work, I need to specify a proxy, at home
no proxy is used. I tried using the "autodetect proxy settings" feauture in
kcontrol, but it does not detect the proxy at work and I cannot surf the web
or use adept e.g., and at home I get regular messages that "no suitable proxy
settings were detected", but I can still surf the net.

I also use knetworkmanager (where are its configurationfiles??) to connect.
This means that I cannot create a script (either in bashrc or in Autostart)
that would define a global proxy settings, beacuse both script would be
executed before knetworkmanger connects the interface.

How should I proceed to define suitable settings according to my workplace?

Tx

Alain