Oracle Callander

Michael W. Holdeman lists at ptfd.org
Sat Dec 2 06:30:07 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 22 November 2006 08:08, Derek Broughton wrote:
> Michael W. Holdeman wrote:
> >>
> >> It's complaining about fundamental core libraries that can't possibly be
> >> missing.  I know nothing about this "Oracle Callander" thing, but these
> >> errors indicate a serious incompatibility between whatever this is and
> >> the system he's trying to install it on.
> >>
> >> I don't have enough information to offer any further suggestions about
> >> this particular whatever it is he's installing, and have no idea if it's
> >> possible to hack around this rather serious stumbling block.
> >>
> >> I would bet it's a lost cause, but I'm a jaded, cynical pessimist.
> >
> > Could this be due to using sudo and not really running the script as
> > root?
>
> No.  sudo IS really running scripts as root.
>
> Much more likely, Calendar expects the libraries to be somewhere other than
> the defaults on a Debian/Ubuntu system - you might need to play with
> ldconfig.

I finally solved this issue, (at least installation) by applying the info on
teh following link to the file for ocal,

http://www.zend.com/support/knowledgebase.php?kbid=184&view_only=1

The only remaining problem is that the linux client will not connect to teh
server, it says it cannot reach teh server, even though the same version only
windowes, running in vmware-player on teh same machine works fine??

Mike