Kpersonalizer Wizard Anoyance

Leonard Chatagnier lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 31 20:29:28 UTC 2006

Thanks to all for the replies as needed all to fix.The
tip that finally worked was the one for
/usr/bin/startkde. Tried the mofifications in:
~/.kde/share/config/kpersonalizerrc
/home/lchata/.kde/share/config/startupconfig
followed by logout/login KDE which didn't work. Then
added the false entry in /usr/bin/startkde which
finally worked. Also noticed at least 2 more files
with the kpersonalizer entry=true.  Seem like some
overkill here but didn't have to change them. Thanks
again for all the replies and didn't have to uninstall
kpersonalizer. Now, if I could just get mozilla
browser to play embedded videos with mplayerplug-ins.

> > Ever since upgrading to KDE 3.5.4, this wizard
> pops up
> > everytime I log in. I've completed the wizard
> several
> > times and canceled it several times but it's there
> on
> > every login. Would appreciate if anyone could tell
> me
> > how to disable it.
>
> have a look to:

http://www.kde-forum.org/artikel/15137/KDE-wizard-after-every-reboot-why.html