how to set screen resolution properly on my Kubuntu-laptop???

Abdullah Ramazanoglu ar018 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 27 18:11:52 UTC 2006

Magyari, Balázs dedi ki:

> Thaks Abdullah,
> Nothing helped me till now :-( Unfortunately I don't know how to handle
> /var/log/Xorg.0.log (although I found some warnings when searching for
> them),  this seems to be too complicated, so I  wait until  X will handle
> my resolution out-of-the-box or something :-D The interesting thing is
> that as I remember 1280x800 wasn't a problem in Ubuntu and just right
> after installed it was 1280x800. Yesterday I reinstalled Kubuntu and it's
> showing only 1024x768. Can anyone suggest a development team of KDE or
> Kubuntu where I should address this phenomenon so that it could get
> future improvements? Bye,
> Balázs

You can search for previous bugs and submit a new bug at
https://launchpad.net/malone but it might not be quite appropriate to do
so before making -almost- sure that this is really a bug.

Can you upload the files below to somewhere on internet? (if it's not
possible you can gzip and attach them to your post as well)
/etc/X11/xorg.conf
/var/log/Xorg.0.log

--
Abdullah Ramazanoglu