Q: How to install Acrobat Reader?

Richard Howes newslists at resrequest.com
Thu Aug 24 18:11:54 UTC 2006

On Thursday 24 August 2006 20:01, D. R. Evans wrote:
> Francisco Borges said the following at 08/24/2006 08:47 AM :
> > The package acroread is part of the multiverse.
> >
> > Perhaps you haven't "updated" your package list?
> >
> > Every time you add something to the sources.list you need to update the
> > package list.
> >
> > HTH,
>
> Unfortunately, it doesn't help :-( I have indeed updated my package list,
> and I just did it again (to be absolutely certain) and still there is no
> acroread listed.
>
> Which multiverse repository mirror is in your sources.list? I should try
> the same one.

Mine are below. I had endless problems with my default repositories (.za based
on my locale in South Africa). Once I switched to the ones below I was fine.
I definately have acroread in my list and have installed successfully.

I am also not sure if it "universe" or "multiverse" that you need or the
difference between them.

Good luck.
Richard

# Dapper Final Release Repository