Q: How to install Acrobat Reader?

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 14:23:40 UTC 2006

This has to be easy.

I followed the instructions here:
  https://help.ubuntu.com/community/AcrobatHowTo

I have the multiverse repository enabled, but I don't see "acrobat" or
"acroread" listed in the available packages. The only one mentioning
acrobat is "acroread-debian-files", and adept won't let me install
that (it says "BREAK (install)").

At least, I _think_ I have the multiverse repository enabled. I
haven't been able to find anything that says "type this in
sources.list to enable the multiverse repository" but I do have a line
that I copied from somewhere that says:
  deb http://nl.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ dapper multiverse

Which to my naive eyes suggests that I do have the multiverse
repository enabled.