Comcast Idiocy, DNS Servers and Networking

Lord Sauron lordsauronthegreat at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 15:48:20 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 22 August 2006 06:05, Brendan wrote:
> On Tuesday 22 August 2006 00:46, Lord Sauron wrote:
> > > You can edit /etc/dhcp3/dhclient.conf
> > > Add the line:
> > > supersede domain-name-servers 4.2.2.1;
> > >
> > > This will use 4.2.2.1 overriding the DHCP-ones.
> > >
> > > You can list more than one this way:
> > > supersede domain-name-servers 4.2.2.1, 4.2.2.2;
> >
> > EXACTLY what I needed!  Thank your SO MUCH!
> >
> > I suspected a fix like this, I just had no idea where to look.  You
> > saved me a lot of time there friend!
>
> I would spend some time looking through how the dhclient does its
> job. It's fascinating going into those config files and seeing all
> the settings that can be set.

Just by looking at the commented stuff, I can tell how I'll set my
system to use the static IP I'll get someday when I finally have enough
money to put my beautiful server on line!

Okay, so, it's not beautiful....  gigantic beige Antec ATX Full-Tower
case.  And the hardware ain't so hot, either, but heck, it works, and
what more could you want out of a server?