(Not)Playing Embedded Videos With Mozilla Browser

Leonard Chatagnier lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 21 16:26:14 UTC 2006

Roshan Mansinghani Wrote:
> So what it sounds like  is that mplayer plugin works
in
> firefox but not
> mozilla.  Perhaps a bug report should be filed with
the
>developers of
> mplayer plugin?  Before doing that, you should
probably
> check that what you
> are experiencing is consistent across distributions.
 > That way the mplayer
> plugin developers aren't bothered with something
that
> is K/ubuntu specific.
Thanks Roshan, but I was hoping you might get into the
setup configs in /etc before getting to this point.
Your first reply mentioned that you thought you new
what might be wrong but wanted to check a problem uri
first. What was you suspicion? Did I tell moxilla
correctly what plugins to use? I said I was lacking in
that area. I really could use more detailed help on
this or a howto that explicitly addressed the setup
for mozilla browser. Perhaps other users will come to
my aid. After working on this issue for months, I
really don't know what to try next. I welcone anyone's
input.
thanks again for trying,

Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net