How do I get to this USB device?

tudza tudza at tudza.com
Mon Aug 21 01:56:43 UTC 2006

Indeed this is what I expected to happen, but it did not, which is why I was asking about it.

Following advice from another user I was able to mount the device, see the contents, and move them to my hard drive.  Unfortuneatly, there are other annoying problems with that.  I can not copy content to the device, nor can I give myself permission to do so using sudo, kdesu etc.

What I would like to know then is, how do I get it to work such that I plug the device in and see it in Konqueror and/or as an icon on my Kubuntu desktop?  Are there packages that need installing using Adept?