Connecting to company network

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Mon Aug 14 01:23:44 UTC 2006

On Sunday 13 August 2006 19:24, Marcus wrote:
>Gene Heskett wrote:
>> ...then restart the network
>
>Which command restarts the network? I guess it just means that the
>config files are re-read?
>
>(I don't have a home network so I'm not familiar with any of the
>networking stuff, except for trying samba and nfs at home.)
>
>Thanks,
>
>Marcus

Well, since the ubuntu based releases don't seem to have the 'service'
command, I've had to resort to things along the lines of:

#> sudo /etc/init.d/networking restart

which will do the same thing.

Do you not have an outside connection at home at all?  I have about as much
cat5 strung around here as the std telco 2 pair stuff.  3 machines all
told, one doing cnc work in the workshop in the back yard with cat5 strung
overhead.  Room on the switch for 4 more.  But I'm not sure who'd pay the
light bill if I did hook up more, or what I'd have them doing.  Old farts
toys of course...

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)