Connecting to company network

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun Aug 13 23:00:58 UTC 2006

On Sunday 13 August 2006 18:46, Marcus wrote:
>Tez wrote:
>> You have to find out what the gateway IP and the DNS servers are for
>> you network. Talk to your system administrator.
>
>When I have those, which program do I use to connect?

You don't.  You edit the active interfaces ifcfg-interfacename file to set
those, disable the dhcp request (unless the network runs a dhcp server of
course), and then restart the network.  In many distros the ifcfg-* files
are located in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts.  You'll need to do that
editing via the sudo command though, using your favorite editor. I'm
partial to vim myself.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)