No subject

Thu Aug 10 23:56:37 BST 2006

that both KDE and Gnome access for printing to "real" printers.  However,
the feature of KDE to do things like "print to pdf" and "send fax" are not
using the underlying cups system but rather running programs.  Hence, when
you add a "real" printer to KDE, KDE knows to update the cups configuration
which gtk programs like firefox and OO look to as well.  But, the special
"pseudo" printers that KDE has are not something that it runs through CUPS;
thus, they will not show up in OO or firefox.