Reasons ro choose Kubuntu over Knoppix?

Raphaël Pinson raphink at ubuntu.com
Mon Aug 7 14:15:28 UTC 2006

As Tez said, you don't _need_ to use the 64 bit version. You have to decide
whether it's worth it for you or not. Using the 64 bit version will be a bit
(10% maybe) faster than using the 32 bit version. However, some programs (in
particular proprietary software: Macromedia Flash, Sun Java, etc.) are not
available for 64 bit, and it'll be harder to use them (you could use a
chroot for example).

So think about whether losing Flash and Java is worth gaining 10% speed (for
me it is, maybe not for you ;)).

Raphaël

Raphaël Pinson - raphink at ichthux.org
http://raphink.multiply.org