a strange question...

Michel D'HOOGE list.dhooge at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 09:47:38 UTC 2006

Le jeudi 3 août 2006 11:16, Tez a écrit :
> I have that menu on the reboot button, AFAIK it's there by default.
Maybe I am not looking at the right place but I can't see any menu on my
reboot button. Maybe you could provide a small snapshot?

> But to get grub to set a default OS you can change the line "default 0"
> to "saved" so it chooses the last chosen item or to e.g. 2 to choose the
> 3rd menu item "grub numbering starts at 0".
I definitely thinks that "saved" is the best choice :-)
However, the interest of grub-reboot (that I mentioned in a previous post) is
that it can change the saved value of the saved option. So, without touching
the menu.lst file, you can choose what will be the default boot option of the
next boot. I guess this is what is used behind the reboot menu (wherever it
is).
--
Michel