a strange question...

Michel D'HOOGE list.dhooge at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 06:19:32 UTC 2006

> when I pressed and held down
> the Reboot button it would give the options of Rebooting into Suse or
> Rebooting into Windows.
Even if you only have Linuxes, this option is interesting if you want to use
several kernels. I've been looking for it for a long time now, because I
agree it is quite boring and annoying to have to wait for the grub menu when
you know exactly why you rebooted.

> How would I go about getting that option in
> Kubuntu so I don't have to wait for the startup menu and arrow down to
> Windows before it times out and starts up Kubuntu?
The command line answer is grub-reboot:

SYNOPSIS
       grub-reboot entry [options to grub]

DESCRIPTION
       Reboots into the specified OS entry in menu.lst
              (where "entry" is the entry number in menu.lst)

HTH
--
Michel