Reasons ro choose Kubuntu over Knoppix?

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 08:15:09 BST 2006

Have just tried the Knoppix 5.01 DVD on my Dell 500m laptop and it was a
pain to get it running decently (screen resolution). In my experience Ubuntu
or Kubuntu works better but have less "one million options" installed from
scratch. I am yet to actually install any Linux on this machine but have
Kubuntu running on an older desktop.

I have a feeling that the most stable system would be Ubuntu and then
install KDE desktop for your favorite KDE apps (sorry if someone feels I am
dissing Kubuntu here but Ubuntu LiveCD is rock solid where as Kubuntu has
hickkups here and there and KDE upgrades have a tendency of breaking
something while fixing others).

Sinclair