KDEWallet and Kontact/KMail integration nuisance: safe? friendly?

Thomas Sperre thcsp at online.no
Tue Aug 8 09:10:32 UTC 2006

I have configured K-mail (which I access through the Kontact interface) to
always ask for password when sending e-mail messages. Then KDE WAllet holds
my passwords for the various mail hosts etc.
When I write an e-mail, like this one, KDE wallet pops up (in focus), I start
typing my password, but then notice that as type the password,  KDE Wallet
looses focus (because mouse pointer was originally elsewhere?) and the
letters does not go into the KDE Wallet password box.
This appears to be unsafe by design, even although one can always blame the
user for spilling the beans......where do the letters i type go (did they end
up in this e-mail or in the irc chat window?) I think the KDE Wallet "Enter
password" dialog box should be autofocused and characters you type when that
box pops up, should always go into that box, regardless of mouse pointer
position.
Can I do something in the way of setting up the user interface to make this
work better, more safe, or will it have to be filed as an improvement
suggestion to the developers? If so will that be the kde devlopers or the
kubuntu developers (and where?)

--
Thomas Sperre
thcsp at online.no