DMA Problems

Kelly L. Fulks kfulks at knology.net
Sat Apr 29 13:41:16 UTC 2006

Gabriel Dragffy wrote:
> Well in my original email I said:
> ***************************
> I switch it on:
> ~@kokslick110:~$ sudo hdparm -d1 /dev/hdb
> Password:
> /dev/hdb:
>  setting using_dma to 1 (on)
>  using_dma    =  1 (on)
> ************************
> So it turns on and then it is echoed as being on, but having to manually do
> this everytime I switch the computer on is annoying. Also I have done several
> installations of breezy due to me messing up the system and I know for sure
> it worked as described in the Wiki before, but on this latest install it's
> not functioning. Perhaps it could have been an update?

>> Yes it should go in the hdparm.conf file.  It works fine here when
>> placed there.  Have you tried entering this command by hand to see if it
>> will work at all?
>>
>> --
>> Kelly L. Fulks
>> Home Account
>> near Huntsville, AL

The next thing to verify then is that hdparm is being run at boot time.
 It has been a year or better since I set this up and I don't remember
if I had to tell the system to run hdparm or not.

Also which version are you running?  I have done this with Warty, Hoary,
and now Breezy, but I have not tried Dapper yet.

--
Kelly L. Fulks
Home Account