[breezy] Aptitude broke amarok

Art Alexion art.alexion at verizon.net
Mon Apr 24 17:31:56 BST 2006

On Monday 24 April 2006 12:16, claydoh wrote:
> On Monday 24 April 2006 11:59 am, Art Alexion wrote:
> > I was using amarok 1.3.8.  The repo
> > (deb http://kubuntu.org/packages/amarok-latest breezy main)
> > is no longer available.
> >
> > Aptitude decides to remove the engines and does so before I can ctrl-c to
> > stop it.  Now I can't reload them or use amarok because the repo with my
> > version was taken down.

> from here:
> http://kubuntu.org/announcements/amarok-1.4beta3.php
> use the repository listed there, but remember that the latest amarok
> repository is for Dapper, and not for Breezy. See the above link for
> details. You should be able to "go back" if you disable the repository you
> have, remove any amarok packages you have, refresh (update) then reinstall
> Amarok --
> Clay Weber

Thanks.  My friend, google, came to the rescue.  The correct page is
http://kubuntu.org/announcements/amarok-1.3.8.php
The correct source for breezy is now
deb http://kubuntu.org/packages/amarok-1.3.8 breezy main
--

Art Alexion

The attachment -- signature.asc -- is my electronic signature; no need for
alarm.
Info @

Key for signed PDFs available at
http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/encryption/ArthurSAlexion.p7c