partition hang

Elijah Lofgren elijahlofgren at elijahlofgren.com
Sun Apr 23 20:48:15 UTC 2006

On 4/23/06, AMY REED <amy1173 at msn.com> wrote:
> Hello
> I am new to Linux and I decided to try Ubuntu. I have an old computer (CTX
> k6 with 64mb of ram) that I'm trying to use as a file and print server in my
> home. I have a 200gb Maxtor drive connected to a Promise ultra ata133 card.
> The bios recognizes the card and drive as does the install disk. The problem
> I'm having is when I select to partition the drive in the install sequence
> it hangs to a blue screen. Is this because of the lack of ram, or a hardware
> issue, or something else? I really would like to get this up and running and
> am still excited about eventually switching to linux from windows. Any help
> would be greatly appreciated.

If you tried installing using the "Desktop CD" then I would try
installing using the "Text-mode install CD" instead.

Both kinds of install CDs for Ubuntu Dapper Drake can be installed
from: http://releases.ubuntu.com/6.06/

For more information about Ubuntu 6.06 Beta see:
http://www.ubuntu.com/testing/dapperbeta

--
Elijah Lofgren
http://www.elijahlofgren.com/