Drivers

Nigel Ridley nigel at rmk.co.il
Sat Apr 22 05:13:19 UTC 2006

Dean Gagne wrote:
> I did have a sound blaster card that I have dropped in and it picked it
> up with no problem. Sound works now, but I cannot get Amorok to work.
> Says engine cannot play mp3 files, it won't play my CD's and it won't
> play the streaming audio. I am sure I am doing something wrong. One of
> the errors mentioned trying a different engine, but there is only one
> engine listed in the drop down. One of the reasons I am trying this
> version is I had heard it was pretty good for multimedia stuff, but it
> doesn't seem to work straight out of the box.
>
> On 4/20/06, *Elijah Lofgren* <elijahlofgren at elijahlofgren.com
> <mailto:elijahlofgren at elijahlofgren.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hmm.. I don't see anything mentioning a sound card there.
>
>     Maybe you could buy a cheap sound card and use that?
>
>     --
>     Elijah Lofgren
>     http://www.elijahlofgren.com/
>
>     --

> --The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be
> a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the
> safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

This is from a previous post:
<quote>
Install the package amarok-engines and you should get all the engines.
I  am pretty sure you do not need to rebuild amarok.
I know there is a decent xine engine (my favourite) and a ARTS engine.
I think there is also a gstreamer engine in Breezy, but I don't see it
on my dapper install.

Your friend,
Scott
</quote>

Blessings,

Nigel

--
It's not a problem -- it's a learning opportunity.
--

PrayingForIsrael.net
http://www.prayingforisrael.net/

I AM Bible Studies and Resources