Kate questions

John L Vifian jongleur at liripipe.com
Fri Apr 21 17:23:41 UTC 2006

On Friday 21 April 2006 9:44 am, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> Thanks, I saved the script as script.sh, did chmod +x on it, and ran
> it for three servers. Am I to understand that for now I won't be
> prompted for passwords from those three servers?

I'm not prompted. ;-)

The only problem I've had was that I needed to chmod the .ssh dir on one
server (fedora)  to only be user readable.

> I did successfully
> ssh into one of the servers, but I don't want to restart the machine
> to check if it persists after a reboot. Does it?

Does for me. ;-)

> Also, for backup purposes, if I save /home/user/.ssh/id_rsa.pub and
> /home/user/.ssh/id_rsa will I be able to put them back into those
> places and login without a password?

That has been my experience

John Vifian
--
If you describe things as better than they are, you are considered a romantic;
if you describe things as worse than they are, you will be called a realist;