ipod and kubuntu

Art Alexion art.alexion at verizon.net
Thu Apr 20 15:44:17 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 19 April 2006 17:47, jack wallen wrote:
> > At this point, are you sure that this is a problem with Kubuntu and your
> > iPod, and not with Amarok?  Can you play MP3's from your computer's hard
> > drive?  That issue sounds suspiciously like what I was experiencing
> > before I figured out how to get MP3's to play in Amarok.
>
> actually i believe you are correct - it's more than likely amarok. i can
> not play mp3s from the hard drive with it. i think it's the engine. i
> have the xine and the arts engine. the xine engine plays back all songs
> very quickly (so nothing is heard) and the arts engine seems to do
> nothing but crash amarok. is there another engine to use?

Try the gstreamer-amarok engine.  That and xine-amarok work for me.
arts-amarok does not.  The amarok home page warns that the arts engine is not
being maintained.

--

Art Alexion

The attachment -- signature.asc -- is my electronic signature; no need for
alarm.
Info @

Key for signed PDFs available at
http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/encryption/ArthurSAlexion.p7c