Cooperation between MEPIS and Kubuntu?

Simon Rönnqvist simon at iki.fi
Tue Apr 11 22:54:17 UTC 2006

  Hi!

I've been bothered with the bugginess of Kubuntu and from what I've read it's
caused many people to swich to SimplyMEPIS. (Haven't tried it much myself, so
I can't tell wether it's more stable or not... but I guess it is.)

Well anyways, now it seems like SimplyMEPIS is going to be Ubuntu based
(instead of Debian-based) it just occured to me that this may be a time when
both projects could benefit from more organised cooperation. Maybe even
eventually merging the two into one, I don't know.

Any thoughts on this?

Check this out: http://distrowatch.com/?newsid=03351

  cheers, Simon