Kubuntu annoyances (check list)

Gary W. Swearingen garys at opusnet.com
Tue Apr 11 19:27:47 UTC 2006

"Freddie Cash" <fcash-ml at sd73.bc.ca> writes:

> I guess it depends on the person and how they work.  I think the main
> reason I hate middle-click pasting is that the scroll wheel on most
> mice is too sensitive, and I end up pasting crap all over my documents
> as I scroll through it.  Which is why I tend to disable the
> middle-mouse button completely when in KDE.

If you don't have a decent scroll mouse or sufficient finger control
for wheel/button 2, click 1 and 3 simultaneously.

BTW, software design usually follows "tradition" not to glorify past
accomplishments or such or whatever you were thinking, but to follow
the Principle of Least Suprise and Least Agravation for the long-time
users/supporters who deserve such nods, IMO.  OS developers have all
kinds of behaviors that they have to pick and choose to impose upon
their users.  I just think it's best to choose defaults for such basic
operations as selection and pasting that conform for 20-year-old
standards that long-time users are used to.  Those who prefer MSFT
traditions should be the ones to reconfigure their OS, IMO, even if
there are a few more of them these days.