Kubuntu annoyances (check list)

Edulix edulix at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 23:24:03 UTC 2006

You don't need to ship with nonfree libraries, you can always ship with easy
support for them as I described and as Firefox, remaining totally free and
libre, does. Besides, ubuntu is not only for countries where software patents
or DMCA exist, which are a minority. And certainly, there's no need to pay
for those libraries I have installed which you can download from xine website
for 0cents.

I'm sure that there are a lot of users with libraries installed that violate
the license of the software, but that was their decision. I see more
important providing easy access for those who can legally install them than
preventing the first ones to do what they know is illegal (given that the
wizzard puts it clear). That's actually what TCPA/Palladium is about (but
implemented in hardware, and I as a user certainly don't like being
controlled like that.