[kubuntu-users] Re: KUbuntu Germany

Γιάννης Παπαδόπουλος ypapado at panteion.gr
Mon Apr 10 13:00:38 UTC 2006

Thanks for the prompt reply things are getting clearer now.
I didn't mean to insult anybody. I hope this was obvious.

Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 10, 2006 at 03:36:04PM +0300, ?????????????? ???????????????????????? wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>> I read Riddel's reply. What I understood between the lines is that
>> Canonical can't give more support to Kubuntu as long as there is not any
>> interest from companies on the product.
>>
>> " Canonical has been wonderfully supportive of Kubuntu.  As far as I
>> know they havn't sold any commercial support contracts for it though
>> so from a commercial point of view it makes little sense to put more
>> money into it until that starts to happen."
>>

> That was a side note and not actually related to the issue kubuntu.de
> had.  As I said Canonical gives lots of support to Kubuntu.
>

>> It is not Riddel's fault obviously and he is putting a real effort for
>> Kubuntu but this does not mean that the German team complaints can be
>> limited to the closing of an e-mail account.
>>

> Nobody's e-mail account was closed.
>
> A user account on the server wasn't re-created.  Now it has been.
> Issue over, move on please.
>

>> I don't know if it is just my
>> impression but I think they are right in complaining about a "neglect" of
>> Kubuntu. Last flight cd was available for download 3-4 days after
>> UBUNTU cd.
>>

> Kubuntu Flight 6 was actually released a day before Ubuntu flight 6.

It was probably Flight 5.
>> Following the development of KDE 4 I haven't noticed any of the graphic
>> design developpers working for Kubuntu.
>>

> This is getting more crazy now.  What does KDE 4 have to do with
> anything?  Ken Wimer is leading the KDE 4 artwork and also happens to
> have a contract with Canonical for Kubuntu Dapper artwork.
>

>> I might be wrong.
>>

> You are.
>

>> The fact remains
>> that even after the reactivation of Andreas Mueller account the German team
>> server is down. If it was just a mishandling issue why is this
>> happening.
>>

> No idea, I've asked them to remove the notice.  The issue has been solved.

I am happy for that. I just saw a post in Kubuntu Forum today repeating
the German Team complaints. It would clear things if someone from
Kubuntu.de sent a post.

>> There are just some things that are not that
>> clear to me.
>>

> I'm happy to answer any more questions you have but so far none of
> your accusations have made any sense.
>
> Jonathan

Thanks again