KUbuntu Germany

Γιάννης Παπαδόπουλος ypapado at panteion.gr
Mon Apr 10 12:36:04 UTC 2006

Hi everyone,
I read Riddel's reply. What I understood between the lines is that
Canonical can't give more support to Kubuntu as long as there is not any
interest from companies on the product.

" Canonical has been wonderfully supportive of Kubuntu.  As far as I
know they havn't sold any commercial support contracts for it though
so from a commercial point of view it makes little sense to put more
money into it until that starts to happen."

It is not Riddel's fault obviously and he is putting a real effort for Kubuntu but this does not mean that the German team complaints can be limited to the closing of an e-mail account. I don't know if it is just my impression but I think they are right in complaining about a "neglect" of Kubuntu. Last flight cd was available for download 3-4 days after UBUNTU cd.
Following the development of KDE 4 I haven't noticed any of the graphic design developpers working for Kubuntu.
I might be wrong. The fact remains that even after the reactivation of Andreas Mueller account the German team server is down. If it was just a mishandling issue why is this happening.
I thank everybody working for KUBUNTU for the great job they are doing. I don't want to seem ungrateful. There are just some things that are not that clear to me.

Best

Yannis