[kubuntu-users] Re: [kubuntu-users] Is this what Canonical calls support?

Jonathan Riddell jriddell at ubuntu.com
Sun Apr 9 21:17:32 UTC 2006

On Mon, Apr 10, 2006 at 01:40:06AM +0430, Navid Paya wrote:

>    On 4/10/06, Jonathan Riddell <[1]jriddell at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>
>      On Mon, Apr 10, 2006 at 01:26:14AM +0430, Navid Paya wrote:
>      > So I moved but now there are rumors that KDE may be
>      >    discontinued and why?
>      This is nonsense.
>
>    Well, I don't see why this should be called nonsense. The guys in
>    [4]kubuntu.de are the main momentum behind this newly born so I should
>    gather the fact that they have posponed their activities has some kind
>    of message. Doesn't it Jonathan?

As stated in my earlier message to this list the message on kubuntu.de
makes the problem (an unanswered sysadmin request) seem much worse
than it is.  The request has been answered now so problem solved.

Canonical is still as wonderfully supportive as ever of Kubuntu and
I'm sure they'd welcome anyone taking out a Kubuntu support contract
with them.  We also have a really excellent and growing community of
developers who are making dapper rock very much.  Espresso is on
target for dapper so we should have shipit CDs available which I'm sure
you'll agree is a great step.

Jonathan