Announcement from www.kubuntu.de

Christoph Wiesen chris at deadhand.com
Sun Apr 9 18:05:00 UTC 2006

Am Sonntag, 9. April 2006 19:44 schrieb Thilo Six:
> Christoph Wiesen schrieb am 09.04.2006 19:16:
>
> <snip>
>
> > Having only ONE payed developer for a whole desktop distribution compared
> > to a complete company for Ubuntu is in my book pretty unequal.
>
> This is an information from the same thread on ubuntu-users.
>
> >> Currently there is one paid developer for KDE (Jonathan Riddell) and the
> >> same amount of developers for Gnome (Sebastian Bacher).
>
> <snip>
>
> > Regards,
> >
> > Chris
>
> bye Thilo

Thanks for the heads up, I'll check the thread in ubuntu-users out.
Still I suppose it depends on the definition of "KDE" and "GNOME". I do not
believe that Sebastian is the only person workin on GNOME/GTK desktop
applications, icons, themes and so on  inside Canonical.
If he is he's been doing a GREAT joib delivering all of the new items found
here and making so much documentation for all of it as is available on the
ubuntu websites;
http://www.ubuntu.com/testing/flight5

Seemingly Jonathan is the only one who gets paid for any kind of QT/KDE
desktop environment / application work.

Chris