Soft reboots failing

Mitch Thompson mitchthompson at satx.rr.com
Sun Apr 9 14:09:58 UTC 2006

Running kubuntu dapper/flight 6 on an AMD64 machine, but this also
occurred when
running kubuntu breezy on the same machine.

Whenever I reboot by either typing reboot or selecting it from the
logout screen, it would go through all of the shutdown scripts until the
very last message was:

[834.696783] Restarting the system

Then nothing.  It sits there.  A hard restart always results in
reiserfs doing a fsck of the system upon reboot.

Bug?  Problem with my system?  Couldn't find anything in Bugzilla, but I
admit I only spent about 5 minutes doing searches.

Thanks!
--
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and
degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing is