Help me update to Dapper Drake!

Robert Tilley tilleyrw at cfl.rr.com
Thu Apr 6 00:21:01 UTC 2006

I am running Breezy Badger 5.10.4 (Flight 4) and would like to install Dapper
Drake Flight 6.

Problem?  First, when I burn a CD with Nero it will not boot.  But that is a
Windows problem I think.

Can I apt-upgrade to the current code in Dapper?  When I play with
the /etc/apt/sources.list and uncomment the universe repositories, I
immediately loose internet access after upgrading.  Word is that this is a
problem stemming from the avahi package.  But how can I retrieve the avahi
package without internet access?

I'm stuck here and am trolling for help.  Any ideas?

Thanks, Bob