More about my Adventures

Mathewson richmond at mail.maclaunch.com
Thu Sep 15 11:23:24 UTC 2005

Thanks, A Brady, but I am basing my assessment of
UB/KUB/EDU
installs not on whether it is possible to set things up by
"technical fiddling with command lines" - this being the
thing that has frightened the average end-user (or, to be
really rather brutal, the poeple hypnotised by Microsoft
Windows) away from Linux Distros.

I am interested in whether UB/KUB/EDU will 'work' straight
out of the box - and so are thousands of Bulgarians who are
about to be "caught with their pants down" with a 98%
installed base of illegal copies of Windows and MSOffice
when the European Commissioners start on the 'pirate
software' track.  I have would-be clients who are quite
prepared to pay me for 2 hours to install an OS, but not to
pay me a further day's money to fine-tune the thing via the
command line.

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson

See Mathewson's software at:

http://members.maclaunch.com/richmond/default.html